- About Us
- Mission | Vision | Mandates
- Quality Policy
- Focal Persons
- Strategic Plan 2020-2025
- Logical Framework(2023-2028)
- BAFS Primer
- Operations Manual
- Citizen's Charter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Laws & Issuances
Philippine National Standards
- Application Form for Official Accreditation of Organic Certifying Body
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Farms/Producers
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Input Producer
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Input Product
- ORGANIC BIO-CONTROL AGENT (OBCA) Application for Experimental Use Permit (EUP)
- Organic Importation or Exportation Permit Application for Registration of Organic Input Importation or Exportation Permit
- Registered Organic Soil Amendment Products(OSA)
- Registry of Organic Soil Amendment Producers(OSA)
- Registered Organic Bio-Control Agent Products(OBCA)
- Registry of Organic Bio-Control Agent Producers(OBCA)
- Registry of Organic Farms
- Certified Researchers for Organic Bio-Control Agents
- National List of Permitted Substances in Organic Agriculture
- Official List of Third-Party Accredited Organic Certifying Bodies
- Job Opportunities
BAFS Focused Group Orientation on PGS implementation continues in Davao RegionBy Geeza June Painaga, Organic Agriculture Division| Aug 06, 2021 | 2264 Views
August 5, 2021 - Aiming to ensure a uniform understanding of the basic concepts of Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) as provided in Republic Act 11511, also known as the amended Organic Agriculture Act, the Bureau of Agriculture and Fisheries Standards (BAFS) brought the Focused Group Orientation (FGO) to Davao region on August 4, 2021. The FGO aims to clarify the roles of the concerned operating units of the DA-RFOs, the BAFS, and other DA regulatory agencies; and strengthen collaboration arrangements among these agencies.
As part of the series, the BAFS Director Myer G. Mula led the conduct of a blended FGO with 19 of the personnel from the DA Regional Field Offices (DA RFOs) and Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) Regional Offices in DA Davao Region in attendance. The attendees were from Organic Agriculture Program led by OA Focal Person Ms. Janice Seraspe, Regulatory Division led by Mr. Roble, and Special Areas for Agricultural Development (SAAD) Program led by Ms. Naomi Lamata. BFAR Region 11 was represented by SAAD Focal Person Ms. Maricel Antiga.
The BAFS Team presented the salient points of the RA 11511 particularly the provisions on PGS, the overview of certification and accreditation process of core PGS groups as organic certifying bodies (OCB), and the Roll-out Plan for the implementation of PGS for CY 2021. Further, the Team emphasized the roles of the Regulatory Division of the DA RFOs in the certification and accreditation of core PGS groups. During the open forum, there was a thorough discussion on the composition of the core PGS groups, specifics of required Mayor's Permit, regulation of the fees to be collected by the accredited PGS groups, among others.
Regulatory Chief Mr. Martinet J. Roble further inquired on the market reach of PGS products. Mr. Gerald Cammagay clarified that these products can be sold within the domestic market. However, the PGS group must first ensure the availability of certified organic produce and products within their locality.
With three more regions on schedule, the BAFS will complete its nationwide FGOs by the end of this month. ###
Director Mula explained the objective of the Focused Group Orientation (FGO)
during the opening ceremonies held on August 04, 2021 - Davao Region.
Mr. Cammagay presented the rationale of the Focused Group Orientation (FGO)
to the participants in Davao Region.
OTHER NEWS RELEASES