Technical Services Division
The Technical Services Division (TSD) is responsible for promoting appropriate food safety and quality Philippine National Standards (PNS) through development of various knowledge products and conduct of learning and development activities. These interventions are developed and conducted to increase the awareness and enhance understanding of relevant stakeholders on the provisions of the standards, leading to their increased adoption, thereby, ensuring consumer safety and global competitiveness of Philippine agriculture and fishery commodities. The Division is also in charge of assessing the use of standards through monitoring of its adoption into technical regulation and evaluating its impact upon implementation; including monitoring and analysis of PNS contribution and its related knowledge products (KPs) and learning interventions in increasing or sustaining market access of Philippine agriculture and fishery product exports. Lastly, the
TSD is managing the quality management system of the Bureau and its certification to ISO 9001:2015 standard. This includes compliance to different statutory and regulatory requirements including data privacy and archiving of documents.
Knowledge management refers to strategies and practices used so that pertinent data and information is gathered, processed, disseminated, shared, and utilized to enable widespread adoption of standards and to ensure that BAFS programs, activities, and projects are designed, implemented, and monitored and evaluated in an efficient and effective manner.
- Knowledge Products (KP) Development. Promotion and dissemination of adopted standards through the strategic use of communication media, integrating research results relevant to standards and current information to educate and increase awareness, access and enhance understanding of relevant stakeholders and /or general public on food safety and quality standards for agri-fishery commodities.
- KM Monitoring and Evaluation. Assessment and monitoring of standards adoption into technical regulations by regulatory agencies and evaluation of its impact upon implementation. Notified standards through the World Trade Organization (WTO) Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) Committee are also monitored and analyzed. KM Monitoring and Evaluation also encompasses monitoring and evaluation of adopted PNS and its related KPS and learning interventions in increasing or sustaining market access of Philippine agriculture and fishery product exports. From the analysis reports, policy recommendations are drafted to help widen the adoption of standards by targeted stakeholders and its adoption to technical regulations, including those relevant to increasing or sustaining the market access of Philippine agri-fishery commodities.
- Information Management System (IT, Website, Social media accounts). Maintains a knowledge management (KM) portal and its components as a strategic tool for an accurate and updated information hub through the ICT infrastructure.
Learning and development refers to a set of interventions that intend to promote and adopt the Philippine National Standards developed by the Standards Development Division. Partnering with relevant agencies, pool of experts and members of the various Technical Working Groups, learning and development activities will also be conducted to capacitate the stakeholders towards adoption of relevant standards. Learning and Development (L&D) activities include the conduct of seminar-awareness, capacity building workshops, development of online modules, management of BAFS Online Academy and management of the Bureau’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Learning and Development Activities. Activities related to dissemination of information and knowledge aiming to create awareness and build capacity; includes seminars, workshops webinars.
- BAFS Online Academy. Centralized platform containing self-paced online courses, exercises, assessment tools and other learning interventions aiming to increase the understanding and appreciation of adopted PNS
- Maintenance of Quality Management System. Maintenance of the certifiable quality management system (QMS) of the bureau through regular review and update of related processes such as management review, internal audits and engagement with third party certification body for external audit of QMS