- About Us
- Mission | Vision | Mandates
- Quality Policy
- Focal Persons
- Strategic Plan 2020-2025
- Logical Framework(2023-2028)
- BAFS Primer
- Operations Manual
- Citizen's Charter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Laws & Issuances
Philippine National Standards
- Application Form for Official Accreditation of Organic Certifying Body
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Farms/Producers
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Input Producer
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Input Product
- ORGANIC BIO-CONTROL AGENT (OBCA) Application for Experimental Use Permit (EUP)
- Organic Importation or Exportation Permit Application for Registration of Organic Input Importation or Exportation Permit
- Registered Organic Soil Amendment Products(OSA)
- Registry of Organic Soil Amendment Producers(OSA)
- Registered Organic Bio-Control Agent Products(OBCA)
- Registry of Organic Bio-Control Agent Producers(OBCA)
- Registry of Organic Farms
- Certified Researchers for Organic Bio-Control Agents
- National List of Permitted Substances in Organic Agriculture
- Official List of Third-Party Accredited Organic Certifying Bodies
- Job Opportunities
BAFS strengthens collaboration with DA Regional Field Offices for the Implementation of Participatory Guarantee System (PGS)By John Lawrence A. Arrogante and Geeza June V. Painaga, Organic Agriculture Division| Jun 18, 2021 | 2269 Views
June 16, 2021. – Following the General Orientation on PGS held virtually on May 10, 2021, the Bureau of Agriculture and Fisheries Standards (BAFS) conducted a series of focused group orientations in various DA Regional Field Offices (DA-RFOs) that started on May 28, 2021. The focused group orientation aims to ensure a uniform understanding on the basic concepts of PGS pursuant to the amended Organic Agriculture Act of 2010, and to clarify the collaboration mechanisms between the BAFS and DA-RFOs in the implementation of PGS.
To date, the BAFS has conducted a total of four (4) focused group orientations conducted in DA RFO 1 (Ilocos Region), Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), RFO 3 (Central Luzon), and Region 5 (Bicol Region). These orientations were attended by personnel from the Regulatory Division, Agribusiness and Marketing Assistance Division (AMAD), Regional Agricultural Engineering Division (RAED), and the Regional Organic Agriculture Program of the DA-RFOs.
The BAFS Team led by Director Myer G. Mula together with the Organic Agriculture Division Chief Joeve S. Calleja and other personnel from Organic Agriculture Division presented the salient provisions of the amended Organic Agriculture Act of 2010- (particularly those pertaining to the PGS), BAFS role, and overview of the two (2) draft guidelines developed by BAFS. The draft guidelines provide the criteria and procedure for the certification and accreditation of core PGS groups that intend to operate and apply as organic certifying bodies (OCBs).
During the four (4) focused group orientations, the DA RFOs sought clarification on their role, particularly its Regulatory Division, in the implementation of PGS. The BAFS clarified that, the Regulatory Division of DA-RFOs will be requested to assist during the conduct of audits to organic certifying bodies (OCBs), inspection of farms as core PGS groups, and monitoring of registered organic operators and post-market surveillance of produce and products with organic claim.
Another round of the focused group orientation is scheduled this June 2021 in regions CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, 2, 6, and 7. Focused group orientations in the remaining regions are scheduled in July 2021. ###
The Focus Group Orientation in DA RFO 1 was attended by personnel from
Regulatory Division, Agribusiness and Marketing Assistance Division (AMAD),
Regional Agricultural Engineering Division (RAED),
and the Regional Organic Agriculture Program.
The Focused Group Orientation in DA RFO 3 held on June 10, 2021 was conducted through
a blended mode. It was attended by RED Crispulo G. Bautista, Jr.;
personnel from Research and Regulations led by OIC-RTD Arthur Dayrit; Operations
and Extensions RTD Eduardo Lapuz, Jr.; Regulatory Division Dr. Xandre Baccay; and
Regional Organic Agriculture Program led by Focal Person Dr. Irene M. Adion.
The Focused Group Orientation in DA RFO 5 held on June 14, 2021 was attended by
RED Rodel Tornilla; RTD for Operations and Extensions
Ms. Luz Marcelino, OA Focal Team headed by Chief AMAS Division Ms. Adelina Losa;
Regulatory Focal Team headed by Division Chief Ms. Rosita Imperial; and
Operations Division Chief Dr. Mary Grace Rodriguez.
OTHER NEWS RELEASES