- About Us
- Mission | Vision | Mandates
- Quality Policy
- Focal Persons
- Strategic Plan 2020-2025
- Logical Framework(2023-2028)
- BAFS Primer
- Operations Manual
- Citizen's Charter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Laws & Issuances
Philippine National Standards
- Application Form for Official Accreditation of Organic Certifying Body
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Farms/Producers
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Input Producer
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Input Product
- ORGANIC BIO-CONTROL AGENT (OBCA) Application for Experimental Use Permit (EUP)
- Organic Importation or Exportation Permit Application for Registration of Organic Input Importation or Exportation Permit
- Registered Organic Soil Amendment Products(OSA)
- Registry of Organic Soil Amendment Producers(OSA)
- Registered Organic Bio-Control Agent Products(OBCA)
- Registry of Organic Bio-Control Agent Producers(OBCA)
- Registry of Organic Farms
- Certified Researchers for Organic Bio-Control Agents
- National List of Permitted Substances in Organic Agriculture
- Official List of Third-Party Accredited Organic Certifying Bodies
- Job Opportunities
BAFS celebrates its 22nd anniversary with the theme: "Walang Iwanan: Ligtas at Dekalidad na Pamantayan sa Gitna ng Pandemya"By BAFS_ADMIN| Dec 02, 2020 | 2099 Views
On 2 December 2020, the Bureau officially began its 3-day celebration of its 22nd Founding Anniversary with the theme "Walang Iwanan: Ligtas at Dekalidad na Pamantayan sa Gitna ng Pandemya". The opening ceremony was held at Rural Development Educational Center Function Hall, Agricultural Training Institute (ATI), Quezon City. Dr. Myer G. Mula, the OIC Director of BAFS and the DA Executive Officials USec. Zamzamin L. Ampatuan and USec Ernesto S. Gonzales, and BAFS former director Dr. Vivencio R. Mamaril joined the opening ceremony.
During the welcome remarks, BAFS OIC Director Dr. Myer G. Mula thanked all those who participated physically and virtually in the celebration. “Despite the substantial accomplishment with very lean resources, BAFS has fully demonstrated its valuable contribution to the Department's efforts of producing safe and globally competitive agri-fishery commodities standards,” OIC Director Mula said. The OIC Director also assured everyone that BAFS would continuously improve its capacity to provide reliable information based on available scientific data.
Dr. Mula expressed that BAFS remained true to its commitment, embraced the new normal challenges as an opportunity, and pledged to enhance further the BAFS system. BAFS will likewise ensure the active sharing of steadfast data and information through strong monitoring and evaluation systems. “We will share our success with all of you as, without your active involvement, these efforts will not be at all possible. We do our best when we do it together. You bear witness as we pledge to you that we will continue to enhance our system through active learning and proactive collaboration.” the OIC Director added.
Also, during the opening program, USec. Ampatuan delivered the message on behalf of the Agriculture Secretary William D. Dar. USec. Ampatuan lauded the commitment of the Bureau to develop and implement standards that ensure safety, quality, and global competitiveness of Philippine agriculture and fishery products.
The Bureau also showed an audiovisual presentation of its milestones and highlighted its initiatives and innovations amidst the pandemic. Activities such as the presentation of BAFS Strategic Plan for 2020 - 2025, Technical Seminar on Online Meat Selling and its Safety, Utakan sa BAFS Virtual Edition, Webinar on Coronang Tinik: Estado mong Malupit - Keeping a healthy mind in times of pandemic are part of the 3-day celebration.
Lastly, Ms. Mary Grace R. Mandigma, the Bureau’s Assistant Director, delivered the closing remarks in which she also launched the DA-BAFS Online Academy.
OTHER NEWS RELEASES