- About Us
- Mission | Vision | Mandates
- Quality Policy
- Focal Persons
- Strategic Plan 2020-2025
- Logical Framework(2023-2028)
- BAFS Primer
- Operations Manual
- Citizen's Charter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Laws & Issuances
Philippine National Standards
- Application Form for Official Accreditation of Organic Certifying Body
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Farms/Producers
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Input Producer
- Application Form for Registration of Organic Input Product
- ORGANIC BIO-CONTROL AGENT (OBCA) Application for Experimental Use Permit (EUP)
- Organic Importation or Exportation Permit Application for Registration of Organic Input Importation or Exportation Permit
- Registered Organic Soil Amendment Products(OSA)
- Registry of Organic Soil Amendment Producers(OSA)
- Registered Organic Bio-Control Agent Products(OBCA)
- Registry of Organic Bio-Control Agent Producers(OBCA)
- Registry of Organic Farms
- Certified Researchers for Organic Bio-Control Agents
- National List of Permitted Substances in Organic Agriculture
- Official List of Third-Party Accredited Organic Certifying Bodies
- Job Opportunities
BAFS, DA MIMAROPA reaffirm commitment to the implementation of Participatory Guarantee SystemBy John Lawrence Arrogante, Organic Agriculture Division | Jul 08, 2021 | 2292 Views
July 5, 2021 - In another episode of collaboration with the Department of Agriculture Regional Field Offices (DA RFOs) on Participatory Guarantee System, the Bureau of Agriculture and Fisheries Standards (BAFS) successfully conducted a Focused Group Orientation (FGO) on PGS with the personnel from Organic Agriculture Program and Regulatory Division of the DA RFO IV-B (MIMAROPA) in Quezon City on Friday, July 2, 2021.
During the opening remarks, BAFS Assistant Director Mary Grace Mandigma said that FGO aims to ensure a uniform understanding of the basic concepts of PGS, pursuant to the amended Organic Agriculture Act, also known as Republic Act (RA) 11511 of 2020.
The BAFS team presented the salient points of RA 11511, particularly provisions on PGS, followed by the overview of the proposed process for certification and accreditation of core PGS groups as organic certifying bodies (OCB).
In the open forum, BAFS and DA RFO IV-B identified the conduct of inspections and audits as the areas where the two agencies may collaborate during the process of certification and accreditation of PGS groups as OCBs. Also, the Team thoroughly discussed the definition of “legal personality” as one of the criteria for accreditation.
The FGO ended with DA RFO IV-B stating their continued cooperation with BAFS for the smooth roll-out of PGS in MIMAROPA region.
Meanwhile, BAFS is looking forward to continue its series of FGOs in DA RFO IV-A (CALABARZON), RFO VIII (Eastern Visayas), RFO IX (Zamboanga Peninsula), RFO XI (Davao Region), and RFO XII (SOCCSKSARGEN) this month.###
The BAFS Team and personnel from Organic Agriculture Program and Regulatory Division of DA RFO IV-B were discussing the salient points of the RA 11511 during the Focused Group Orientation (FGO) held at BAFS Conference Room, Quezon City on Friday, July 2.
BAFS Team led by Assistant Director Mary Grace R. Mandigma and Organic Agriculture Division Chief Ms. Joeve S. Calleja, and DA-IVB led by Chief of Regulatory Division Ms. Helen O. Aceret and OA Program Focal Person Mr. Michael Graciano R. Iledan during the FGO on PGS held last 02 July 2021.
OTHER NEWS RELEASES