December 9, 2020. With the new normal and clients turning to online platforms for information, the Bureau of Agriculture and Fisheries Standards (BAFS) remains true to its commitment of being relevant. This December 9, 2020, BAFS finally launched its new and improved website with Director Myer G. Mula spearheading the event during the Management Committee meeting attended by the Bureau’s key officials – Assistant Director Mary Grace R. Mandigma, all Division and Section Chiefs.
“The website should be a reflection of us as a Bureau. The website serves as the window of BAFS’ soul. Information should be readily accessible”, Director Mula expressed. In line with this marching order, a team of young and innovative developers composed of Jonathan P. Martinez, Jocel Anne C. Yamson, Kenneth A. Matchica, Allister F. Budlao and France Earvenne R. Enriquez with the leadership of Rosemarie V. Calibo collaborated to put up an interactive site. The website clearly conveys to its viewers and visitors who BAFS is, what it does, who are the people behind its success, and how things are being done. The website is also user-friendly, easier to navigate and easy on the eyes as improvements were also done on its overall design and color schemes.
The published books in this website are easily identifiable, and the press releases enables disambiguation between titles that are the same or similar to each other, as these are currently undergoing registry with the National Library of the Philippines (NLP) for their unique ISSN and ISBN serial numbers. This registry will strengthen BAFS’ ownership with the various publications it currently has or will produce in the future, whatever the medium of production is, either in print, online, CD-ROM, etc.
As of now, the NLP approved the application for ISBN registration of the comics and illustrative guides on:
- Comics titled: Philippine National Standard on Good Agricultural Practices (PNS-GAP) "Gabay para sa ligtas na pagkain'
- Comics titled: PINYAmazing Adventures ni Pina (Filipino Version)
- Comics titled: PINYAmazing Adventures ni Pina (Cebuano Version)
- Comics titled: Ang Pabula ng Matamis na Mangga: Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) on Mango
- Illustrative Guide titled: Good Animal Husbandry Practices (GAHP)
- Illustrative Guide titled: Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) for Rice
- Illustrative Guide titled: Fresh Fruit - Mangoes – Specification
- Illustrative Guide titled: Fresh Fruit - Pineapple – Specification
- Ten Philippine National Standards (PNS) in Agricultural Machinery
- Four Compendiums of PNS on Crops, Livestock, Fisheries, and Agricultural Machinery
Other accomplishments such as the compendium of regulatory issuances, National Organic Agriculture Program (NOAP) Document, Press releases (BAFS in Action), and the Pamantayan newsletter were applied for ISSN publication and are still undergoing NLP’s evaluation.
It is accessible through this link: bafs.da.gov.ph - visit us now! ###