- The BAFS commits to develop and promote agricultural and fishery standards, and enforce organic agriculture regulations ensuring customers' safety and product quality, contributing to environmental protection, worker's welfare and enhanced market access
- By 2025, the BAFS envisions to be the trusted agency for the development of agricultural and fishery standards within ASEAN, and in the enforcement of the agriculture regulations
The BAFS of the DA commits to develop and implement standards that will ensure food safety and quality, workers' safety and welfare, environmental management, and global competitiveness of Philippine agriculture and fishery products.
We commit to good governance, excellence, professionalism, and continual improvement of the quality management system.
All applicants or requesting parties who are within the premises of the premises of the office prior to the end official working hours and during lunch break shall be attended to.
Republic Act 8435. Agriculture & Fisheries Modernization Act (AFMA - 1997)
- Formulate And Enforce Standards Of Quality In The Processing, Preservation, Packaging, Labelling, Importation, Exportation, Distribution And Advertising Of Agricultural And Fisheries Products;
- Conduct Research on product standardization, alignment of local standards with international standards;
- Conduct Regular Inspection of processing plants, storage facilities, abattoirs, as well as public and private markets to ensure freshness, safety and quality of products.
REPUBLIC ACT NO. 10068. Organic Agriculture Act (OAA - 2010)
- Serve as the Technical and Administrative Secretariat of the National Organic Agriculture Board (NOAB);
- Implement OA programs as approved by the NOAB;
- Update the NOAB on the status of implementation of the National Organic Agriculture Program;
- Create effective networking with stakeholders involved in organic production.
Republic Act No. 10601. Agriculture & Fisheries Mechanization Act (AFMech - 2013)
- Develop standards, specifications and test procedures of agricultural and fishery machinery and equipment, together with DTI, DOST, Board of Agricultural Engineering (BoAE) – PRC, and Agricultural Machine Testing and Evaluation Center (AMTEC).
Republic Act No. 10611. Food Safety Act (FSA - 2013)
- Develop food safety standards including those for organic agriculture;
- Establish Mechanisms for the development of science-based food safety standards for fresh plant, animal, fisheries and agriculture food.
Republic Act. No. 10817. Philippine Halal Export Development and Promotion Act (PHEDPA - 2016)
- Develop the Philippine National Standards for Halal for primary and post-harvest food.