- Category: News/Announcements
Pursuant to the Implementing Rules and Guidelines of the Organic Agriculture Act of 2010 (RA 10068), the Bureau of Agriculture and Fisheries Standards (BAFS) is mandated to perform the following activities:
- Formulate standards (Section 4)
- Accredit organic certifying bodies (Section 15)
- Register organic food and input producers; (Section 16)
- Serve as the National Organic Agriculture Board Secretariat (Section 10) ; and
- Foster coordination among various stakeholders and relevant agencies to ensure adoption of Organic Agriculture farming System (Section 11).